Hello! My name is Cindy, and I’m the editor/creator of B.O.R.N HOUSE LIVING. I’m married to one of America’s finest retired Marines, mother of two grown sons, two Shih Tzu’s, and a Pitbull.
BHL is a journal to share what inspires me, my love for paint, ramblings about life, and my quest on “Creating A Home With Beautiful, Old, Reclaimed, and New.” I’m on a mission to create the home I’ve always dreamed of, and I’m determined to use this creativity that runs deep in my veins as a means to achieve it. I’ve spent the last twenty-three years waiting for the day to be able to “afford” what my house should look like, instead of appreciating my talents and “creating” that home.
You all have heard the phrase, “champagne taste, with a beer budget” right? Well, that would be me because I have a thing for anything ornate, luxurious finishes, and jaw-dropping fabrics. And when you have very little funds to work with, the idea of “thinking outside the box” proves to be a serious challenge. However, I do know that it’s possible, and that patience & creativity will be my means.
I want you to know that I’m thrilled that you’re here reading this, and that I hope from time-to-time you’ll say Hi! Want to know a little bit more about me? Great! You’ll find listed below a few fun facts, and a few of my favorite things.
1. If chocolate was a food group, then that would be my main staple!
2. I have super long hair only because I’m too lazy to do my hair every day. It’s so much easier to just throw it on top of my head:)
3. Chicken Paprikash made by my mama, is my favorite “real food”.
4. I believe everything happens for a reason- good or bad. God reveals all only when you’re ready to hear it.
5. I’m Harry Potter’s biggest fan.
6. Favorite movie of all time: The Quiet Man with John Wayne & Maureen O’Hara.
7. If your name is not Dean Martin, Bing Crosby, Nat “King” Cole, Andy Williams, or Burl Ives- then you won’t be singing Christmas music in this house!
8. Favorite music to listen to when painting: Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons.
9. I’m an optimist.
10. My favorite colors are Red, Black, and Neutrals.